Friday, January 04, 2008

Oh yea

Clemson was a little better on both sides of the ball when we actually played each other. BUT, during most of the regular season Clemson was far better than Carolina on both sides of the ball. I'll take off my Garnet goggles and admit that. Since you brought it up, would Clemson have faired as well as they did if they played in the SEC this season? My honest opinion is no. But they would have beaten Vandy easily and would have went to a bowl game. Clemson had healthy defense a good D coordinator and it turned into wins. That's what I'm hoping for Carolina this season. Jasper Brinkley is like a one year 5 star commitment. That was taken from Carolina and Nix very early this past season. But that healthy Clemson defense would have gave the best SEC offenses fits..

I say Clemson was "far" better because of Carolina's inconstancy on both sides of the ball. At times we showed a really good O and D. More times than not we didn't. More times than not Clemson did in the ACC.

I really don't want to get into it what I think about Carolina's season because it would take to long for me to write. I will just leave it at this; we should have beaten Vandy with no problem, we should have beat Tennessee in a close one, we should have made the Arky and UF games a LOT closer than they were. It doesn't matter though.. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. We didn't do it and there are reasons why we didn't, but they don't matter.

We have talked about it for a while but think Carolina and Clemson may finally both be teams to contend with for something big. I have no doubt Clemson is there this season and if VanGorder and our 6th ranked class lives up to expectations look out for the South Carolina teams!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive